So how much of a bi*ch is it to replace and exhaust manifold gasket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Shouldn't be to terrible I don't think. I would loosen all the bolts and pull mainfold out as far as I could. Clean head and manifold, slip in new gaskets and tighten it up. Run it through a heat cycle and retorque. About it. Only prob is going to be room on passanger side is limited a little bit but I'm sure you can do is.:)
Edit: Just noticed drivers side you have plenty of room. My bad.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Shouldn't be to terrible I don't think. I would loosen all the bolts and pull mainfold out as far as I could. Clean head and manifold, slip in new gaskets and tighten it up. Run it through a heat cycle and retorque. About it. Only prob is going to be room on passanger side is limited a little bit but I'm sure you can do is.:)
Edit: Just noticed drivers side you have plenty of room. My bad.

I have to laugh............these types of things always seem so simple and often times should be...................but for me it always turns into a complete PITA!!!!!

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It will be easy. Unplug the the spark plug wires, tie out of way, unbolt the EGR if you have to (1" stubby wrench goes a 1/2 turn at a time), unbolt manifold and pull back to clean, slip a new gasket in and put everything back together.

Just put some liquid wrench or whatever on the manifold bolts and EGR so they come off easy. I bet it wouldnt take more than 2.5 hours depending on how fast you go.

I have gotten good at changing my header gaskets because they leak....

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The night or day before you do it spray the heck out of those bolts with pb blaster!

Yer damned skippy!!!! You shouldn't have the horrible salt rust that our northern brethren get (gotta love the South!) but every little bit helps!