Smoothie Diesel & Smoothie Rear Bumpers Installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Ugh, Josh, why did you have to post that? I've been wanting a colormatched rear smoothie as it is, but now I think I'll have to get one ASAP.

Ryan, are you planning on doing fog lights or something in the diesel bumper?

Like this: :deal:

You must be registered for see images attach

:rotflmao: Just trying to help people out!

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Are you keeping these rims or changing them?

I'm kind of undecided at this point, but I'm definitely staying with a 16" wheel no matter what, not a fan of 15s (if they even fit on a 2500) or 17s. The Mojaves and MB72s in have been catching my eye lately

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Ugh, Josh, why did you have to post that? I've been wanting a colormatched rear smoothie as it is, but now I think I'll have to get one ASAP.

Ryan, are you planning on doing fog lights or something in the diesel bumper? They look good, but I think you probably could have found them cheaper on ebay or a junk yard. Not really sure where else you could've gotten that rear bumper, but $350 is a lot. Oh well, you pay for quality I guess, and it looks really good.

I considered fog lights but honestly I think the truck looks more aggressive without them, if I add lights I'll probably mount them behind the grille.

If I was painting my bumpers I would have taken Josh's approach and bought a used one and saved some cash. But I don't feel like my truck can pull off a color match look, and since I plan to hold on to this truck long term, I wanted to buy quality and I wasn't disappointed, the bumpers from LMC are top notch.

Btw Josh, I first got the idea for my rear smoothie from your build thread, you did a great job on that truck

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Thanks Ryan. I think you're right about the colormatching. The only reason I did it was because the whole truck got resprayed at basically the same time. I think I only paid $75 or so for the rear. Both bumpers look at home on your truck.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Same bumper but top step pads are different.. weird.

Bumpers look good man nice and shiny!

the chrome one has the top steps the factory chrome bumpers with the rub strip get, the other bumper is a W/T bumper and they only came in black without the fancy pad.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Gotcha, so you added the step pads to your bumper?
Oops, I mean, Josh added the step pads to his bumper? lol

No, Josh probably found a work truck bumper and had it colormatched (that's what I'm planning). So it came with the "non-fancy" work truck step pads.

Ryan ordered a chromed work truck bumper from LMC. I don't think that bumper ever came on a truck from the factory, so I'm thinking that LMC puts the "fancy" step pad on it just to make it nicer.