small lift optons for my 91 2500 8 LUG.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
youll be cranking it so much that the whole front suspension will rely on the torsion bars which is also really bad for them, youll have very little give in your ride and it will be super stiff. if your that desperate for some more lift flip your balljoints and you can get a hair more of crank before hitting bumpstops.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
youll be cranking it so much that the whole front suspension will rely on the torsion bars which is also really bad for them, youll have very little give in your ride and it will be super stiff. if your that desperate for some more lift flip your balljoints and you can get a hair more of crank before hitting bumpstops.

Problem with flipping ball joints is that if the bolts holding them to the UCA fail there is nothing to capture the upper ball joint. With the balljoint in the stock location if the bolts fail at least the UCA can catch the ball joint and prevent the wheel from just flopping over like it would in a flipped ball joint set up.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Fun fun. Well that would mean we are just stuck with a lift. Any one know the manufacturers that make a kit for the 2500. So far I have found out the rcx does not.

CrewCab Steve

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
i know pro comp does.. and heard good things about pro comp lifts, not sure who else makes em.

edit: after a lil research skyjacker and superlift makes em too

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Problem with flipping ball joints is that if the bolts holding them to the UCA fail there is nothing to capture the upper ball joint. With the balljoint in the stock location if the bolts fail at least the UCA can catch the ball joint and prevent the wheel from just flopping over like it would in a flipped ball joint set up.

have to get better bolts and i never said it was a great idea but theres many people who do it.

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
keys dont help they are the same as cranking stock keys either way you will crank (turn) to bump stops making ride harsh. if you dont want to body lift then you have to go up to a full 4" or 6" torsion drop kit. al the 3" kits are just keys....hope that helps explain how they work and your options

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i ended it going with a 2 inch body lift. running 305 70 16's basically 33 12.5's turned out pretty decent.
You must be registered for see images attach

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
before here. looked kinda goofy with the big tires. they looked like they were sorta smashed under there and made to fit. the tires look like they fit better with the lift.