small lift optons for my 91 2500 8 LUG.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
id really like to get a small like 2 or 3 inch lift for my truck but nobody makes them. skyjacker makes a nice "proper" 2 inch lift with the upper arms but for only 6 lug 2500s. any particular reason cranking up the t bars on my truck made it ride like absolute garbage? i had them turned up to level it out and it rode so bad i couldn't stand it so i let them back out a little to not ride too rough. i have the bars maxed on my newer 04 truck and it rides about the same as it did with them not tured up. id prefer to stay away from a body lift.

92gmc4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
you dont want to crank the bars or do a bodylift, looks like the only route you have is full four inchs suspension of cut to fit bigger tires lol

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
best option is to do a 4 inch lift... the 2-3 inch lift is the same as cranking the keys and adding a block. Putting a set of keys in would be a waste of money since u can do the same thing with your stock keys.

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah but im wondering why i cant turn my keys up without it riding so rough it pulls it out of gear when you hit some rail road tracks? like i said earlier, my 04 didnt get any rougher riding when i burried the bolt. i have to have half of the bolt sticking out to even tolerate the rough ride.

92gmc4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your comparing two different generation trucks that are going to react differently when cranked. My truck has been cranked for five years and it never pops out of gear. Might want to look at your shift linkages

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was using that as an exaggeration of how rough it rides when the bars are turned up. it will pop out of gear if you hit them going fast enough but i dont have problems with shift linkage. im guessing when guys are able to crank the bars up high enough to get blocks under the rear the half tons must react differently to crank than 8 lug 3/4 tons. i bought a set of keys for it and after installing them, they maxed my suspension out. even with the bolts all the way out, the upper arms were still sitting on the bump stops so i had to remove them.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
you must not know that torsion bars have the word torsion in them which sloppily could translate into how much give it gives your ride quality when you hit a bump or what not. most trucks ride rougher with their bars cranked, its just a matter of opinion as if you like it or not. now if its coming out of gear i wouldnt bother lifting anything until you have that figured out because it shouldnt nor have i heard of any truck doing that because someone cranked their torsion bars.

lift it once you figure that out. you can buy individual 1-2 inch blocks from zone if you want a body lift, but youll have to live withg the ugly sagging bumper or make your own brackets.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my old 87 had a problem comming outta gear if i really beat her and launched it hard, never looked into why cuz it was only on rare occasion....guy that bout it from me changed the fluiid in it and then the tranny took a dump so i suggest ya figure that out first before any lifts imo