small lift optons for my 91 2500 8 LUG.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
bump thread. so I myself am trying to come up with a way to get 2" out of my 3/4. I know right now I have to T-bars as high as I can go with out getting into my bump stops. so we have a whole verity of truck owners on here lets do a little digging and see why you can jack a 1500 2" taller than a 2500. and when a 1500 guy wants more lift he gets a 2500 leaf for the rear. what that means is the 2500 should be taller from the start. I'm not to worried about the back a 2" block will be fine the front seems to be the real problem child here. so are the 1500 4x4 front upper control arm different than the 2500 UCA?? :think: pictures anyone?

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
so how about this for a brain teaser If I was to cut out my bump stops and bump stop mounts. would you think that would allow the front end to be cranked up like a half ton??? that is just hypothetical. although upper bump stop have been removed on my other vehicles before. I don't jump my trucks so I don't feel I need a bump stop there. just had another thought do you think they put that bump stop there because if the control arm drops any more it will exceed the capable angle of the upper ball joint. Sh*t I need a heated shop in town.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
so how about this for a brain teaser If I was to cut out my bump stops and bump stop mounts. would you think that would allow the front end to be cranked up like a half ton??? that is just hypothetical. although upper bump stop have been removed on my other vehicles before. I don't jump my trucks so I don't feel I need a bump stop there. just had another thought do you think they put that bump stop there because if the control arm drops any more it will exceed the capable angle of the upper ball joint. Sh*t I need a heated shop in town.

It might....but the truck will also ride like $hit and wear front end parts out faster. Just like over cranking on a 1/2 ton.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
piss pisss pissss I should just cut up a pair of uppers and custom fab them to allow the lower to drop out another 2"s

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
ill tell ya what will happen if you do that. the only down travel youll have is your tires giving. your truck will ride like its on leafs with welded together shocks that dont move. get a 1.5"body lift and call it a day.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Tell me y my truck is gonna ride like . I dont get this. is it because the angle of the LCA changes the leverage on the T bar. Because other than that there is nothing to make it ride rough if I fabbed my own upper.

CrewCab Steve

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Tell me y my truck is gonna ride like . I dont get this. is it because the angle of the LCA changes the leverage on the T bar. Because other than that there is nothing to make it ride rough if I fabbed my own upper.

CrewCab Steve

A big chunk of it will be the lca angle and how tight the t bar is cranked. Plus modified ucas are just a band aid fix. Great white had a good explaination as to why overcranking is bad.

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
On the 1500 overcranking will cause it to ride like s*%t, a 2500 is stiffer from the factory and i would hate to ride in one that had been overcranked, the angles would cause everything to wear faster as well as the shocks are already extended so you lose travel