Skee's 97 Stepside SAS Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
truthfully the 1 ton shaft is no stronger than the swedge tube 1/2 ton shaft minus u joints, the tubes are the same strength though in fact the swedge design is stronger but the major issue with them is they are never round, always run out and could cause vibration as well as the are almost never concentric with the centerline of the main tube.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
1/2 tons are 1310, 1330 series u joints, those should be 1410 which yes is definitely stronger, and you did the right thing because converson joints are actually weaker than 1310- u joint....thats why good u joints companies dont make them.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1/2 tons are 1310, 1330 series u joints, those should be 1410 which yes is definitely stronger, and you did the right thing because converson joints are actually weaker than 1310- u joint....thats why good u joints companies dont make them.

I thought most 1 tons were 1350 u joints?

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Tossed the grill back on to drive it to the exhaust shop. Alot of my parts were stolen over the past week sometime and I have to buy all new exhaust. Luckily alot of my stuff was locked inside.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Going with a custom built High Flow Y-pipe, keeping upstream O2s (obviously), no cat (leaving room for one for if I go to a place with inspection), a 3" Flowmaster Super 40, and axle dump.

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Do you just copy and paste this to all the threads? Lol

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Do you just copy and paste this to all the threads? Lol

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Yes. I do it because some people follow my other thread, and some don't. I also copy it and put it on all the other forums I am a part of as well.

Most people who read and PM me with questions don't know I have a build thread too.

Also fixed the second pic. Had the wrong link.