Skee's 97 Stepside SAS Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Alright. As of last night here is where it stands. Didn't get a whole lot done to progress on the truck but did get some little stuff out of the way.

Picked up the 1989 3500 donor truck. Rear axle is a Dana 70 with 4.10 and will bolt right into my truck. PERFECT.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also, while working on the steering, I discovered (the hard way... it cut my arm) that my drivers side braided line had gotten split open. So luckily, my buddy with the white SAS Burb pulled through again and had some brand new lines laying in the back. They were too short for his setup but they are perfect for mine. They even have the correct 1990 round end for the caliper instead of having to grind for the squares. NO LEAKS!

The hard lines will be tacked back to the frame after the hoops are welded on.

What do you guys think? Got some 8 lug caps and these are my buddies beadlocks.

So started pulling the rear axle on the '89 and stripping all the good stuff off it as well.

BUT busted the bell housing when trying to drop the transmission. BRAND NEW 400 and it got busted.

#BAGGED LIFE!!

I also got some black Chevy caps. I really like those.

Riding out tonight, to load up the truck on my buddy's gooseneck and bring it over to the other shop to get everything all welded in. Then the little stuff like bleeding brakes and alignment.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I'm home on leave so won't be doing anything with it til at least the 12th. Also don't have a shop close to me so I have to drive 50 minutes just to turn a wrench on mine.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Alright. As of last night here is where it stands. Didn't get a whole lot done to progress on the truck but did get some little stuff out of the way.

Picked up the 1989 3500 donor truck. Rear axle is a Dana 70 with 4.10 and will bolt right into my truck. PERFECT.

Also, while working on the steering, I discovered (the hard way... it cut my arm) that my drivers side braided line had gotten split open. So luckily, my buddy with the white SAS Burb pulled through again and had some brand new lines laying in the back. They were too short for his setup but they are perfect for mine. They even have the correct 1990 round end for the caliper instead of having to grind for the squares. NO LEAKS!

The hard lines will be tacked back to the frame after the hoops are welded on.

What do you guys think? Got some 8 lug caps and these are my buddies beadlocks.

So started pulling the rear axle on the '89 and stripping all the good stuff off it as well.

BUT busted the bell housing when trying to drop the transmission. BRAND NEW 400 and it got busted.

#BAGGED LIFE!!

I also got some black Chevy caps. I really like those.

Riding out tonight, to load up the truck on my buddy's gooseneck and bring it over to the other shop to get everything all welded in. Then the little stuff like bleeding brakes and alignment.

is it just me or are those leafs on that rear end really long

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm home on leave so won't be doing anything with it til at least the 12th. Also don't have a shop close to me so I have to drive 50 minutes just to turn a wrench on mine.

Mine wont get attention till the weekend and ill probably bring it home. I only have to drive 15 minutes to the shop so that's pretty nice. Just keep going when you can!

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's hopefully getting welded up and maybe exhaust done while I am on leave, so we will see.

Hopefully I can cobble my exhaust together so I can drive it without getting a headache. Alls im waiting on is brake lines and jam nuts for my drag link.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Alright fellas. Back from leave and can't jump start this and get it finished.

Dropping it off for exhaust this week, and then doing all the little adjustments and it should be done for the front. Rear swap will come soon after.