.:Sin's 96 K1500 Build:.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't purchased the lights yet, I wanted to make the mounts first. They will also get a coating of bed liner as well...

You must be registered for see images attach

I did something similar back in the old days using a piece of 2" box tubing. I cut the box long enough that I could cut 3 sides off part way down. I used the remaining "tab" and drilled a couple of holes in it and sandwiched it between the mirror and the door. It was roughly 8-10" long total with the mounting tab being just long enough to fit under the mirror. I also ran the wiring though the door. What was kind of cool about doing it this way is that I could open the door and change the angle of the light.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like this.

Obviously the bracket sits lower than with me holding it and I want to say that the bracket was slightly tipped.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Like this.

Obviously the bracket sits lower than with me holding it and I want to say that the bracket was slightly tipped.

That's awesome!

I had initially wanted to to make the mount on the door pillar like your design, but I scratched that idea due to the opening of the door scenario. But I may still try it or mounting some 1x6 lights into the back of the mirrors

*And I can't believe you live in Grants Pass, my ex lives there lol

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
I haven't purchased the lights yet, I wanted to make the mounts first. They will also get a coating of bed liner as well...

That looks great cant wait to see it with lights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
INSTALLED................not wired yet :nono: :rofl: Hopefully I'll have some nighttime pics in a bit

You must be registered for see images

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I would've gone with square pods but that's just me. Looks great man!