Shuck Truck 97 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Look up aluminum wheel polishing on Youtube, you can sand it down with fine sandpaper and polish out real nice.

AlaskanTrucker379

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try alumibright. Mix it with 1/4 parts water and put it in spray bottle or something. Let it sit for no longer than 1 minute and rinse off well with a hose. Then see how it worked, repeat till the top layer of aluminum is evenly eaten away.

Edit: this will most likely require them being off the truck unless you are super careful not to get acid on anything but the aluminum.

Shucks

Reaction score
UPDATE
Got rid of that ***** roll pan and tail light covers.. Makes a huge difference! But, the bumper as of now is just temporary, I couldn't stand that roll pan. But untill I re-gain some cash, I plan on a weld-in roll pan and some LED lights. This is just temporary, lights were a 30 dollar set on Ebay and the bumper was from a cousin, free. So I thought it was a great deal.
You must be registered for see images

New buffing wheel for christmas does wonders

I need to paint the drums, I know.. Just noticed!
What ideas do you guys have for this truck? Especially in the wheels and tires area, and lowering area. Yes, no? I can't decide what to do.

Last edited:

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
The bumper and lights look 100% better. Amd I personally don't like the wheels. Id take them off and store them and wait til their value goes up. I'd lower it simply because I want a lowered truck. But you have to factor in a lot of things when lowering. Like road conditions, how low you want to go, if you have the money for wheels and tires after you lower it.

-Sent from the riced out Eclipse!

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly I love the height and wheels, it just looks 90's cool haha. I know most would lower it but that stance is sweet

Shucks

Reaction score
i have thought about that too. But I cant decide if I like my wheels. And I cant find a pair that really just speaks to me either. I wouldn't mind a pair of black rally wheels, but my tires are for 10 inch wide wheels...

semiguy409

The Big Rigger
Reaction score
I would just lower the back to match the front. That would give it a nice lowered stance without doing a crazy amount of work... and you wouldn't need to buy new wheels and tires. I think that set of rallies we talked about would look awesome on there!

AlaskanTrucker379

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smoothie front bumper looks great Conner. You should de-trim the rear bumper to match! I like the wheels personally, They are different and like someone else said, make it look like its from the 80/90s