Show us some job carnage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I worked in Auto Repair, the bosses were always cheap. They treated Floor-Dry ("kitty litter") like it was gold. Bought one bag at a time, practically rationed it. We'd throw a cup of floor-dry on a spill, then grind it in with our shoes by "doing the Twist" on the oil spill. If the used Floor-dry wasn't black enough, we'd have to sweep it up and keep it for the next spill.

Eventually I got smart enough to get the hell out of that industry. Went to work building City Buses (Final Assembly). Whole different world, whole different attitude. They bought Floor-Dry by the pallet, and not just one pallet at a time.

I come in to work one day, and one of the long-time workers (Employee number 0005, versus my employee number 0009) told me about how the Main Plant drilled a hole in the fuel tank "by accident", the buses were fueled at Final Assembly outdoors, then brought into the building so we could perform our work.

The bus dropped it's entire load of diesel fuel on the production-line floor. Mr. 0005 put EIGHTEEN BAGS OF FLOOR-DRY on the spill. That stood as a company record; but "twelve baggers" and "five baggers" of fluid leaks were not uncommon. Management said absolutely nothing about massive waste of floor-dry; but "couldn't" afford to buy a second 3/8-drive torque wrench, the ONE that they supplied had a warm handle all day long, from being in-use by a crew of 100+ people.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bus dropped it's entire load of diesel fuel on the production-line floor. Mr. 0005 put EIGHTEEN BAGS OF FLOOR-DRY on the spill. That stood as a company record; but "twelve baggers" and "five baggers" of fluid leaks were not uncommon.
In our aluminum extrusion plants, kitty litter was outlawed because of the potential of contaminating the hydraulic systems. I bought an air driven suction pump that mounted on a 55 drum and had a hose with a floor attachment. We'd suck up as much as we could then, mop the rest with a commercial grade no-foaming soap we had delivered to a 200 gallon tank. After we had enough mop water collected our environmental tech would burn/boil it in a special gas burner setup. The leftovers were picked up by Safety Clean, for a nominal fee of course ;)

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Those mats are now the industrial industry standard now but nothing beats cheap, non-clumping cat litter IMO. But most places dont allow any powders on the floor that people could slip on, even though those mats still leave a film of slippery oil, lol!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best photo of carnage that I caused at work:
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Lemme guess, you were sitting in the right seat and didn't know that the anti-skid only works with the pilot's pedals?