Should I hollow my cat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Mine is hollowed with a pipe through it, apparently. Sounds great with no muffler and stock headers. I think the piping is 2.5" until after the cat, it goes down to like 1.5" for about a foot :nono:

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
a hollowed cat and a straight pipe do sound a little different. hard to explain the difference but a straight pipe does sound better.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Texas requires to have a cat. BUT they dont do emissions testing, they usually just peek under to see if you have one, if anything.

same in Louisiana. but i know the guy that inspects my trucks. so he don't look!

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys since here in Texas they do emission test so if one doesn't have a Cat it won't pass right? I know with my free flowing Cat it always passes I don't think it will pass if a pipe is ran though the Cat not doing nothing.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Depends on how well yer motors runnin. I've had em pass with a hollow cat. It iz kinda iffy tho. 50/50 shot. Nowa dayz I just put my cat back on fer the test and remove it after.