Should i fix this dang thing or sell it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I still have this 94 z71 sitting in the yard. Aint been started in almost a year. It has such a rust free body I hate to let it sit there any longer. Im torn between trying to make it a good truck, or let someone else take try to make it there truck. I bought it back when i was a regular with 400s, the deal was it needed a fuel pump. So i replaced the fuel pump, it fired right up. Ran pretty good to have been sitting 2 years. Took off down the road and it didnt have 3rd or 4th gear in the tranny so i just parked it. Its sit there ever since. The body is solid as rock, no rust anywhere. All of the a/c stuff was hacked off when i bought it, it has an 8 lug rear end, and pretty much needs a hood, grill, new lights, and a bumper. It would make a decent truck with some tlc but the way i see it it, id have way more invested in it, then its worth. I paid $700 for it when i bought it. Heres the only pics i have of it. Let me know what yall think i should do.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
and the paint aint near as faded as it looks in the second pic.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
personally I would fix it. Rebuild the trans yourself or atleast take it out and have it rebuilt get a bumper and just fix the little things as you go.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
to get the trans rebuilt if i pull it and install it, is $700. i guess it would be drivable with a trans and some tires. the non matching rear end bothers me, even thought its the same gear ratio (3:73). i may try an fight the wasp's tommarow and try to start it. how much do yall think id be in it for to fix it up and have the air working?

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Sell your ford and fix the chevy! Lol but in all seriousness the body on it is solid i say fix it up, that things got potential!

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the ford is gone :(, just aint updated my sig. dont have many trucks left, thats why im thinking about this one. ballpark figure? $2500?

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the only thing holding me back is, i still dont think it will ever be the same as my 92 (avatar pic)

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
well ofcourse not... but thats not the point. its got major potential. and already have that beefy rear diff. SAS that ***** and jacker up to the sky.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if i still had all of my parts i would, but no more front axles