Shortchevy's 2000 C2500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Every picture of a crew cab I see makes me want one more! Clean truck and I love that blue. My neighbor had a 94 RCSB and a 99 Tahoe in that color.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well today I made the decision to sink some money into this truck instead of trying to get a different truck. The maintenance has always been kept up on and documented since mile 1 on this truck. the PO kept a handy pocket notebook in the glove compartment recording all of the maintenance done to the truck and I have kept up on it as well. While looking through this book the other day I noticed that the fuel filter had not been done in a while so I picked one up. When I went to swap it out I was unpleasantly surprised with some really rough looking fuel lines. I ended up needing 2 repair kits just to install the filter. Not fun. I had a brake line burst a couple months ago and patched it as well. Well its time to fix it the right way, I purchased a full brake line kit and fuel lines from Inline Tube. I even splurged and got them in stainless steel. I plan on taking pictures of the new lines and I will make sure to pass on information regarding the quality and fitment of the lines.

I do need to get some tires and was wondering if anyone has pix of newer dodge 8 lug wheels on a 400?

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice I wish mine was a crew cab or at least had the 3rd door the carseat deal in mine is a pita. I like the blue as well

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice I wish mine was a crew cab or at least had the 3rd door the carseat deal in mine is a pita. I like the blue as well

I have only had standard cab trucks in the past and I have to say that the extra space is awesome! Im in construction and its nice to be able to throw all my gear in the back and still be able to drive a couple people without all my stuff getting wet. If you can find a crew cab jump on it, you will not regret it.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not to resurrect a dead thread but... I bought a pair of axles today out of an 85 K20. 8 lug 10bolt and a SF14bolt, I was told they are 4.10s.

My deadlines/goals-
Now- Freshen up the axles, give them a once over and make sure they are ready for service.

Spring- Put the 10bolt under the front with D44 machined flat top knuckles, crossover steering and leaf springs.

Summer- Enjoy tall 2wd status

Fall- Install a divorced np205 on a custom crossmember.

Next winter- find every excuse to drive in the snow.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Awesome!!!! I hope to do the same one day

Sent from my SM-N910P

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its gonna be a whole new venture for me. I have only ever owned 2wd trucks, most of them have been lowered too. I owned a 97 Jeep TJ and thats the closest I have gotten to a 4x4 truck. Today I made a rolling axle stand out of some snowmobile dollies and a couple 2x4s. That was about all I could stand today with the 17 degree high today. I did do alot of research and have been refining my plan. I roughly know what parts I need to get at the junkyard and what I need to buy new. Im gonna hit the junkyard as soon as it warms up a bit. Once I collect the necessary pieces I will rip in to it full bore, in the meantime Im gonna start fabbing the front crossmember/leaf spring mount. Ill try to take pictures and post them up as I progress