Shortchevy's 2000 C2500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up a 2000 CCSB 2wd 2500hd a couple months ago and I figure I would share the "build". Here is what I started with

You must be registered for see images attach

I put the bugshield on to hide a little surface rust on the front of the hood. I took off the step bars when one of the brackets rusted off and broke when I stepped on it. They were totally unnecessary since the truck is a stock 2wd.

The picture above shows the business end of this truck. I peeled the "Chevrolet" sticker off the tailgate and put on a black/red bowtie. you can still see the ghost because I havnt buffed it yet (its been a long cold winter lol) I plan on getting a bowtie off of a nnbs tailgate because this one is just too small.

This is what Im working with inside, Its pretty much a blank canvas. I did take the radio out and replace the backlights. The interior does need a good scrub down, I will take a weekend this spring and pull the interior out and clean it.

heres a picture of the front all I did up here so far was the bugshield and the black/red bowtie. I do want to replace my bumper with a chrome diesel bumper I think that would look sweet.

I did sell the cap this week but I havnt gotten a picture yet without.

Basically in this thread Im looking for some feedback but mostly Im looking for some ideas on what I can do to this truck to make it really b@d@$$. Im looking very closely at a spindle lift, I would like to hear from some of you guys who have them.

O and I got these yesterday

they need stripped and polished but for $150 with 4 good caps Im very happy.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I love this truck man! i cant wait to see what its going to look like with the wheels on. Any plans for it? Lower? lift? keep it stock...?

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Looks like a good start! Really clean

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love this truck man! i cant wait to see what its going to look like with the wheels on. Any plans for it? Lower? lift? keep it stock...?

thanks. I cant wait for the wheels, im going to get a crossover toolbox for it too just to add a little more shine. as far as plans go I know I want to do something to set it apart, I had a lifted Jeep TJ last summer and really liked driving a lifted vehicle so im leaning towards lifting it with a spindle lift. I should be able to get a discount on the kit through my work and I install lifts at work all the time so thats easy.... and I measured my garage already and I have an extra 12" of clearance on the door...

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Nice looking truck. Pretty clean too. Should look better with the new rims, larger tires and a slight lift to it.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well I got the wheels all sanded and polished. Anyone who has done that knows how much work that is.... The pictures kinda fuzzy cause Im too lazy to carry a wheel outside to get good lighting. I also disabled my drl because they are stupid what is the point of having a parking light position on the switch if my headlights are on too?! stupid safety features.

I have had the wheels done for a couple weeks, I am getting a real nice set of tires from a friend but I have to wait for him to take them off his wheels so hopefully I will get them this week. I havnt been on here in a while due to the nice weather. I have been really busy working on the sbc vega, cause thats what all the cool kids do :driver:

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I scored today! made a lot of progress, I picked up this nice DEEZEE gull wing toolbox for $50. I didnt get keys for it but I plan on putting in Bolt locks that use the factory ign key. <--cool product, we sell a lot of them at the shop and they work nice. Before I even got the toolbox mounted I got a call from my friend telling me to come pick up my new tires! so the PY0s are getting mounted up on monday. The truck is finally looking like I imagined it.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New wheels on today!

finally looking like I want

Looks like I have to paint my brake drums now.

detail shot of the new toolbox, I installed a set of locks that I had left over from my toolbox and I put on the Matco Tools emblem that I took off my box. It was a little to gaudy for my toolbox but not for my truck toolbox.

and on another note I picked this up this weekend.

I plan on driving this as a daily driver this summer to save some money on gas, Its a 73 Pontiac GTO clone that was my first car. My dad and I picked it up when I was 14 and we did everything you can see, the wheels, paint, shaker hood and a bunch of everything else.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Man those rims look great!

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow im am really dropping the ball with this build page! Well, its been a couple months heres a quick update. I got towing mirrors, window tint, LED interior lights, 2014 bowtie for the tailgate, and most importantly; Yosemite Sam mudflaps.