shaved doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1buda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard about using a 911 cable. Question is where to hide the cable so that no one else can get to it?

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just use AVS door poppers and you will be fine, they work great, don't get the solenoid type those freeze and lock up even in hot weather.

Like cam diddy said, just run the wires where you can get to them, and all you need to do is hook up a 9volt battery.

1buda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just use AVS door poppers and you will be fine, they work great, don't get the solenoid type those freeze and lock up even in hot weather.

Like cam diddy said, just run the wires where you can get to them, and all you need to do is hook up a 9volt battery.

I never knew that a 9 volt battery is all you need. I guess i'm never to old to learn something.

dante81_98

Reaction score
Run a manual backup cable too. And I can attest to the AVS kit, it is a bitchin kit.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never had them but I do have a handful of buddies that do and from what I've seen / heard over the years is that they're not practical for a daily driver car or truck.

50thAnnR6

Reaction score
my buddy put a pull cable inside the gas lid, by the inlet. So it was hidden from plain view. that was his backup, he would use it every now and then to make sure it worked. another buddy put a poull cable by his hitch. made it look like his electrical connection so people didnt have a clue...

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont know where you live but in michigan they SUCKED! everytime it snowed the doors would get stuck...as it already happens shaved or not. i had a electric back up switch for the drivers door hidden next to my headlight in the grill. i also had a hood release cable hidden under the front bumper incase the battery died. i will never shave the doors on any truck again. totally not worth the hassle / work. the only thing i liked about it was the look and seeing peoples faces when they went to open the door.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've seen what happens when the door seals freeze with door handles on a door so I can imagine trying to get in a car/truck with shaved handles and frozen door seals.

You're pretty much S.O.L. until they thaw out.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
basically. i used to leave the door unlatched if i knew it was going to snow. and after i wrecked the truck i was pissed having been locked out and smashed my truck and broke the window lol. i wouldnt do it lol.