Door Shim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B Dub

Reaction score
I would like to get some shims to raise my sagging doors but every time I try to look them up it shows they are not for my truck (even though they might be). I don't want to take a chance and waste my time. Can anyone point me to the correct door shims for my 89 Silverado? I want the set that comes in different thicknesses. Thank you!

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Usually people just replace the hinge pins and bushings. I did it with the Dorman parts and I can say 100% avoid them. I had to sand them down to even get them to fit and even after all that they didn't fully fix the sag. Some say you can use a jack to bend the door up but I'm hesitant to try that.

If there are more options I'd love to hear them too.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The hinges are welded on both the door and post sides. There is not shimming, new pins and bushings should get it done. As said Dorman one's are no go, Last side I did pins an bushings came from a GM dealer. Plenty of guys seem to like the Cunningham Machine ones too.

B Dub

Reaction score
The hinges are welded on both the door and post sides. There is not shimming, new pins and bushings should get it done. As said Dorman one's are no go, Last side I did pins an bushings came from a GM dealer. Plenty of guys seem to like the Cunningham Machine ones too.
Bummer, I was looking for a quick fix. Thanks for the tip on Cunningham's. In order to put in new pins and bushings, do I have to remove the door? Can I just prop the door up and try to do it like that?

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Need to pull both pins and get the door away from the body to get in there and do bushings, also there is a tool required to collapse the spring and get it back in.