Shake/Vibration when Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not necessarily advocating for messing with it, rather characterizing it. There may be nothing wrong with the loaded alignment.
Understood and agreed.

Yeah that's just dumb. 10-15% should be tongue weight for a bumper pull setup, level of course or else that can cause issues. Caman how level is the trailer behind your 400? And I'm absolutely against putting weight behind the rear axle to try and lighten the front. That's a real good way to induce some sway. What are the tire pressures running on this truck?
If done carefully (i.e. not overdone) it's not going to cause sway. I agree it's not ideal, but if there's no room to shift the load, it's the only option left. Besides deal with the shake.

Tire pressure is an excellent point.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s level when on what “appears” to be level ground. Obviously that can be subjective since I don’t have a perfectly level road. 265/75/16’s @43 psi. Cold of course.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Checked Axle bearings on the trailer?

Take a tape measure from the hitch to each axle perch and make sure it’s tracking straight.
New bearings 2 years ago, not like I’m daily driving it either. When towed with the 2018 you didn’t even know it was there, very smooth.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Pull the axle off and mount the trailer to the roof.

You must be registered for see images attach
That's like the U Haul service trucks; they have racks like that to carry the trailers on. There's one at the location I have my storage room in, right now there's no trailers on it. But they look weird when loaded(prolly a lil top heavy too).