Sectioning Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking of sectioning my control arms 3/4"-1" to get me more clearance up front, opinions?

Should I section the lower 3/4" and the upper 1/2" to get rid of camber or section them equally?

I need to do this because my wheels slightly rub when laid our after the bodydrop, and I don't want new wheels, these have sentimental value and don't come in any other offset.

I wanted to buy some off of Mike at DHP, but am saving up for an engagement ring, I will get some later from him after but for now I need the clearance so I can drive it a little lower. I figure I have some plate and plenty of wire left from the bodydrop to do this without spending any cash.

Thanks a lot, opinions.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan, one question though, when you are at ride height how is your camber, and how much more can you adjust it outward if need be if you section the lower more than the upper?

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have about 2-3º left in adjustment, right now at ride height I roll around with -1º camber, handles pretty good.

So it seems like I know what I am doing, time will tell.

1buda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep us updated. I'm still searching for info on keeping the stock/modified arms instead forking out the cash for new ones.

DHPmike

Reaction score
The uppers should be 1/2" to 3/4" longer than stock length in relation to the lowers. That means if you shorten the uppers 1/2" then you need to shorten the lowers 1" to 1&1/4" to correct the camber issues. If it were mine Id probably do the uppers 1/2" shorter than stock and correct the balljoint angle to about 0 degrees and then shorten the lowers by 1" and leave the lower balljoint angle where its at or maybe turn it down to about 5 degrees and also step the lower balljoint up an inch while I had it cut apart.

Then Id save up some funds and order some dope *** arms from www.dallashotrodparts.com lol

questions?

DHPmike

Reaction score
I dont have any pics of stock arms sectioned. They would be ugly if there were pics. I can post pics of new arms tho...

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds great, thanks Mike!

Should be working on it hopefully this weekend, at least try to get one side done :hmm: