Screw cab build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowlife89

Reaction score
I recently picked up this 2000 C3500 SRW that was converted to short bed 1/2 ton by a member here and intend on turning it into a clean daily driver. Fully bagged with new air ride.

You must be registered for see images attach

You can see in this picture the holes created by a snap tonneau

I welded those up with a few more as well...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice truck!
Do you know the former owner's name on here?
Don't know why someone would drill holes in a 400 for a tonneau anymore. There's enough soft aftermarket ones that use extruded clamp on frames. I got both of mine off of C/L for $100.00 ea. I can't buy the fabrics, snaps & trim let alone the labor for that.
At least the holes were done in a straight line & evenly spaced.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So CCSB wasn't an option in 2000? Just curious as a C1500 CCSB wasn't an option back then.

lowlife89

Reaction score
CCSB was an option as a dually or 1 ton in the C3500/C2500. This was a 1 ton CC LB that was shortened down to a SB, then converted to 1/2 ton 5 lug. I found some things that are slightly... Well majorly unsatisfactory on this build from the previous builder. I'm needing a new driveline that's either factory or actually balanced and built properly instead of garage fabbed. It has a bad pinion vibration as well as axle hop due to 4 link bars not properly aligned. Overall it's a good build that just needs some polishing on it.

lowlife89

Reaction score
There was a gap in the back of the bed from where it was raised 11" so I figured I'd fill it today. Had a Chevrolet tailgate stamping from 1948 that I decided to repurpose and use up. I also filled next to it.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dam that's nice! Welcome and nice truck! Man I want a white ccsb but im stuck with my black crew cab

lowlife89

Reaction score
I'm actually looking at painting mine either black or red, white is too common for me lol today is a lot more welding, then prep the outside for primer. The cab still needs a lot of work before I can prime it though.