Schoenfield Headers (ls swap) Y-Pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steveed

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished installing an LS in my 92 ECSB. I installed Schoenfield headers and I was wondering if anyone knew of y-pipe that would work with these headers.

We have the tools to bend/weld everything from the y-pipe back, I'm just a bit nervous about tackling that part of the exhaust.

Any pointers, tips, etc are appreciated.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
I don't think there is a bolt on Y pipe for these headers. For mine, I just bought a universal 3" Y adapter and had pipes custom bent from the headers to the Y. Also had V-bands welded on the collectors, which I highly recommend.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
I don't think there is a bolt on Y pipe for these headers. For mine, I just bought a universal 3" Y adapter and had pipes custom bent from the headers to the Y. Also had V-bands welded on the collectors, which I highly recommend.

I never did find one. I had an exhaust shop set mine up. I wish I would have had the V-bands done. :(

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
I never did find one. I had an exhaust shop set mine up. I wish I would have had the V-bands done. :(
Same here. I'm glad I did go with the V-bands (I had them laying around from an older project). They paid off big time when I pulled the headers off to weld in a WB O2 bung.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Same here. I'm glad I did go with the V-bands (I had them laying around from an older project). They paid off big time when I pulled the headers off to weld in a WB O2 bung.

I'm still trying the get the slip-ons to seal. V-bands may be in the cards once it cools down out here.

steveed

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, I guess now i have to decide if I want to bend it or just take it to a shop.