Scan tools launch teach

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grey wolf

Reaction score
I've never used one on my own vehicles, but a couple guys I work with have them. I've played around with one of theirs, and it's pretty amazing what those things are capable of given the price.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
For $3,371.00 I will be sticking with my brick until it fails or I can not find a replacement

Xxl2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For $3,371.00 I will be sticking with my brick until it fails or I can not find a replacement
I assume you have the mt 2500 how do you like it? Now after looking things up i am thinking i ll get one just tring to find a good one on flea bay

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can get a Tech 2 clone for around $350... If all you're wanting to work on is GM vehicles that seems like a much better choice.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I assume you have the mt 2500 how do you like it? Now after looking things up i am thinking i ll get one just tring to find a good one on flea bay

I like it just fine. I was used to a tech I back when I worked at a dealership. I only picked up the brick because I bought a '98 Suburban and needed something that was OBDII compatible and I did not want to invest a lot of money in a bidirectional scan tool for personal use.

All of my other trucks are OBDI and I was used to using a basic reader to make all of my repairs.

Xxl2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thinking i might get a solous or a brick i forgot i have a ford in the mix

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thinking i might get a solous or a brick i forgot i have a ford in the mix

I have a Solus Pro and an MT2500 that I mess around with. The downside of the Solus is the proprietary battery. Make sure the unit you buy off ebay comes with a battery and a charger. You can get the battery cells replaced for about $90 all in from either MTO Battery or some sellers on eBay, but you cant buy new ones from Snap-On. The other important item that some sellers don't list is what software version is on the units they have listed. Make sure your vehicles are covered by the unit because they cant be updated any longer.

Xxl2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what software should it have and what about a apollo 8?