SAS kits?? some questions and need some advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
since the trannys out of the 94 i been thinking of buying a parts truck with a good tranny t-case and a straight front axle. something around an 80s model chevy. any suggestions? whats the cheapest kit out there? should i build my own kit? i know some good welders and have access to all materials needed (dad works at machine shop). what would be the best material to use?

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a few bracket kits out there but there's still alot of Fab work involved

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
agreed and using chevy parts means you must use the older t-case and make mounts and crossmembers for it and then the PS drop on the front instead of the DS.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
O well maybe I'll use a ford axle then. Doesn't make me no difference I just can't see paying 1000+ for a lift when I could sas it for a little more than that an have a badass setup.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
O well maybe I'll use a ford axle then. Doesn't make me no difference I just can't see paying 1000+ for a lift when I could sas it for a little more than that an have a badass setup.

agreed sir. I'm going to start scrounging for a d60 since i wanna keep the 8 lug up front since i have a 8 lug truck.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks man! your swap looks so clean! i think im just gonna go with a ford axle and rear end. with 3:55s or 4:10 or 4:11s whatever ford used. custom made d shafts( i know a guy that does them really cheap)

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would agree on the $900 price for a lift but it's like $700 for just the bolt in kits, not counting buying springs, axle, gears etc.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know but i think it would be a better investment. for now im just gonna run a 3" BL untill i get some more money. if i cant find any good used axles then i might just go 6" suspension. whats the limit on tire size for ifs? is there anything i can beef up in the ifs so it wont break as easy?

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive read that 35's is the point where if you go bigger it starts to break things on the front end.