Rust in coolant.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
mine wasnt leaking just badly corroded and figured its only gonna get worse might as well swap it out for a better fitting and hose

Sound like a solution. I actually just got a new fitting because when I tried taking the old one out during the rebuild it broke right off.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sound like a solution. I actually just got a new fitting because when I tried taking the old one out during the rebuild it broke right off.

yikes! ive heard nothing but bad things when it breaks, the typical "its a pita to get out", how did you manage to get it out? or did it break in just enough pieces it wasnt stuck in the threads down in the manifold?

oh and btw im not 100% positive if you have to put that thread tape on it but i did, figured it cant hurt it.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
yikes! ive heard nothing but bad things when it breaks, the typical "its a pita to get out", how did you manage to get it out? or did it break in just enough pieces it wasnt stuck in the threads down in the manifold?

It broke right at the threads. It was a complete pain in the butt to get out.

I tried using a big easy out.
You must be registered for see images

But it just broke it up more. It broke it up enough that I could take a little pick and pry the rest of the pieces out.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It broke right at the threads. It was a complete pain in the butt to get out.

I tried using a big easy out.
You must be registered for see images

But it just broke it up more. It broke it up enough that I could take a little pick and pry the rest of the pieces out.

damn thats no bueno!! i would have gotten frustrated and been confused as what to do!

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That damned quick disconnect is a P.O.S. Not only did the hose not disconnect (quickly or otherwise - I cut it off) after I got the intake off where I could work on it I put a 18 inch adjustable wrench on it and it won't budge. I have a feeling I'll end up drilling and picking before its all over.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
That damned quick disconnect is a P.O.S. Not only did the hose not disconnect (quickly or otherwise - I cut it off) after I got the intake off where I could work on it I put a 18 inch adjustable wrench on it and it won't budge. I have a feeling I'll end up drilling and picking before its all over.

Probably worth the few bucks it would cost you to buy a used one and forget about it. I always throw the quick disconnects in the trash and install a brass hose fitting.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score

If you force it, it will break. Haha