Rough idle - P0306 Cyl 6 misfire - Gonna loose my mind

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
sounds like a carbon particle is keeping the exhaust valve open just a bit,,try some marvel mystery oil in the tank and down the brake booster line,,that stuff works miracles,,good luck,,

scoob8000

Reaction score
Both rockers look good with #6 at top dead. Can spin the rods, so they're not keeping it open.

Put it all back together and went for a spin to get it warm for the seafoam. While I was at it I really romped on it a few times, couple WOT passes up to 5000 rpm. When I came to a stop it was idling fine again.

So I drove it to dinner, and it was fine for awhile then the idle came back. After a little abuse, it went away again. Now I'm thinking is the valve getting stuck? I've read about a TSB where valves would hang up on the guides at one time.

Going to try a little mystery oil in the oil, and the fuel. I got a buddy that swears by the stuff, so it's worth a shot.