rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a truck locally that is being given for free, I don't think I've seen those rims before, they do have GMC centre caps though. No engine or tranny, but I'm sure there's some parts I could salvage. Just wondering if I could recoup some funds from a uhaul rental(a little far to tow with a rope) with those gold rims.
You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think they may be stock rims painted gold, and then threw on some other type of center caps.

I'd get it for free, definately.

scrap prices are like $300 or more per vehicle.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Ive seen that style before, but they had different centercaps. They weren't gold, Im thinking they are really dirty or the clearcoat has yellowe Not sure where you are but around here scrap prices are so high that you could get a couple hundred bucks for it.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd have to drive 300 Km to get to a decent recycler, that's a lot of money in gas. Local guys have YOU pay to have cars removed, or give you 50 bucks if you bring it yourself. The money I'd make is mostly from parting it out, and turning the box into a trailer.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They look a lot like '80's Jeep rims, but without the 4X4 engraving and without the flush rim face. Thats the closest I've been able to come up with so far.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
aha, that they are, I found another pic of them in silver on google, thanks. If it's still there tomorrow when uhaul is open I'll pick it up. I figure I can probably get $300 for them if the rubber is decent, part the interior and whats left under the hood, keep the rad as a spare, looks like a nice smoothie bumper... I'm sure I can make up for the trailer rental.

Last edited: