ricerocket1135 ~~~1993 RCSB build~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been tinkering wtih my 93 for a few months now and figured I would post some progress pics up in here so I could get some feedback on what I have done and where it is going. Copied this post over from FSC...

I recently picked up this 93 5.7 5-speed truck. It is beat up, has dents and scratches... But it is a solid truck that has zero rust and should come back to being a decent truck.

I have been working on it and haven't started a thread on it so I will catch you guys up to speed with what I have been doing... err... should I say what my wife has been hating. :)

Mods planned....

4/6 or 5/6
20's
bring the interior back up to nice
Complete paint and body work
Got rid of the buckets and console.... putting a bench inside
Roll Pan
Shave the Gate
Caddy Tail Lights

Here are some pics of what it looked like when I got it.

You must be registered for see images attach

And here are some progress pics from along the way.

I got rid of the beautiful bumper and had it aligned after the DJM 4/6 drop with Spring/UCA's and Flip Kit & DJM Drop shocks all the way around...

Welded in my roll pan and shaved the tailgate.....

I bought some 88-93 Caddy Lights an welded in the fillers and buckets....

Hung a new front end on her...

And yesterday, I got the installation of the tail lights finished up and got them wired in...

Then I got the cab mount bushings in it and the new door pins... plasti-dipped the wheels which will sooner than later hopefully be replaced with some new ones.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Glad to see that beeyooteeful rear bumper gone! Nice work. Hardly see the Caddy tail light mod done, anymore. Liked 'em when I first saw that, years ago, then they became over done. If I had the time, tools, & talent to do this, I would.
What are your plans for wheels?

Last edited:

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hadn't seen that kind of bumper in a while. Looking good. . . . .

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad to see that beeyooteeful rear bumper gone! Nice work. Hardly see the Caddy tail light mod done, anymore. Liked 'em when I first that, years ago, then they became over done. If I had the time, tools, & talent to do this, I would.
What are your plans for wheels?

I think I really wanted to do a set of caddy lights because of a red truck i saw back in the day that had them when I was in highschool... I always though that they looked great, so I had to go for it! It is a process for sure, and I learned quite a bit after delving into it. The wheels I am pretty set on are these....

I hadn't seen that kind of bumper in a while. Looking good. . . . .

lol... if I never see another it will be great! Actually stuck it on CL and had 20 calls in the first 10 minutes. I guess because it was for FREE... or some people really need a bumper.

Wicked work man, love the caddy lights. Plus, like the majority on here, congrats on getting rid of the worlds ugliest bumper :D

Thanks! It is the first time I have shaved a tailgate or done the tail lights... I was quoted $900 and 3 days to have the lights done with me supplying the parts. I thought to myself... "How hard could it be..."

So... like any inexperienced guy would do... I jumped in!!! It was a chore, and definitely a learning experience but I had plenty of Coors Light to get me through it! I am wondering how those guys were going to do it in 3 days though. It took me a few weeks working on it after work.

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
UPDATE:::: Hope to have my truck at the transmission shop within the next couple weeks.

I have been working to mod my wife's new ride. She has been keeping me busy...

First she wanted this...

Then I wanted it like this with a 4/6 drop...

THEN I had a few beers and... we stopped into the Jeep dealership and she had to have this...

Then we had to jack it up and throw some new shoes on it...

So now that she is set for the next 5 to 10 years... Back to MY truck!!! I really hope I can post some progress on it... I am tired of looking at the 93 GMC in the driveway unable to move under its own power. :(

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
This truck is really getting somewhere, csant wait to see what else your gonna be doing to it. ANd have to say, those rims would look really sweet!

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice words guys!

PROGRESSS!!! Well... sorta at least.