ricerocket1135 ~~~1993 RCSB build~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got the call from my buddy at the transmission shop. Needs a main input shaft, clutch, flywheel, bearings, updated shift assembly... etc... He said it was worse than he would have thought, but is taking it easy on me.
It looks like I will be having him rebuild the NV3500.

Also, on a ****ty note... I found out that it is nearly impossible to find a short throw shifter for the NV3500 anymore. Hurst used to make one, but I guess B&M and Hurst are under one company now and they go rid of them for my transmission. :gayflag:

If anyone has one laying around, let me know!

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got it back from the trans shop... Love it!!!

Just had a package arrive from NORCAL SS yesterday so within 2 hours of getting home I had to put these on and rush to get an alignment completed. It now drives like it should, but is sprung hard as hell in the front end... not sure, but I feel as if the springs are made for a BBC truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks good , whats your total drop now ?

I am at a 4/6 for now. Once I get my wheels on I will drop it a little more to get the stance I want. Probably in the neighborhood of 5/7 by the time it is all done.

Yeah look's good, sound's like the shock may be to stiff for your preference.

Thanks! I am thinking you are right. I am running the DJM Calmax all the way around right now. What would be a softer drop shock?

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heading to the junkyard to see about finding a better looking horn cover, and a trip odo gear. Anyone need anything and I can keep an eye out for it down here in TX? Hope I can get my wife to help fit the cowl hood today.

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad your getting back on this

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Me too!!! Been a while since I have had the time, money or motivation to put in the pickup... The grass in the background will show that I am slacking on all fronts. :nono:

Lookin Foward to pics

Ask and ye shall receive!!!

Oh... and also had to have the exhaust run out the back to kill some of the drone inside the cab. I want it LOUD, but "outside". This picture makes me want to disassemble the entire truck and start scrubbing the nasty crud off of everything under it.

Work has been super busy and have been putting in long hours, but hopefully I can finish up some more body work and get it moving in the right direction again.