Return to Sender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks,
I just did a forum search on water temp and oil pressure gauge sender resistance values and had no luck. I tested a oil sender out of a 98 S-10 with a adjustable pressure regulator and got basically 0-90 ohms but the S-10 fed all the sensors through a computer before going to the instrument panel. My 91 1/2 ton goes directly to the gauges from the senders.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hook it up and see if it works. If it does wacky stuff, buy the right one. They're like $20.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The service manual might have that info.

All I've done is to verify that the sending unit matches the gauge. If the gauge is 0 to 60 psi, get a 0 to 60 psi sender that fits. Or 0 to 80 psi gauge, get a 0 to 80 psi sender (or whatever.)

The older trucks--'88 and '89, I don't know about newer than that--use a 0--60 sending unit down by the oil filter that's very failure-prone. Generally has a green paint mark near the end.