Resurrecting the snow plow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from over here in the finger lakes region of upstate NY. Sounds like
living at elevation gives you a true 4-season lifestyle in AZ. Nice.

And I have no doubt that you can get your 'new to you' GMT400 to be
at least as reliable as anything new off the dealer lot. Several of us in here
are convinced that this generation of truck is at/near the peak of no-nonsense
truck engineering. And the price of admission for these simpler machines is a huge
plus over new, even before considering sales taxes, insurance costs, etc, indexed
off of a new truck's purchase price.

Safe travels --

shunyun

Reaction score
That makes more sense, being at 6400ft. Are you going to keep the plow for winter? Or are you just wanting a 4wd truck? If your going to keep the plow then you dont want to lift it, you'll end up breaking stuff.

Thats a pretty sweet setup you have, its a newer Meyer with what looks like a MDII mount. They are super easy to mount/dismount when needed. My vote would be to keep it, but I'm kind of biased towards plow trucks, lol.

This is my rig...

Very nice! Yeah, I just want to keep the plow, no need to lift it. I’ll take it on trails where I can tow my 2018 Liberty Teardrop camper (boondock) but nothing crazy.

shunyun

Reaction score
Welcome from over here in the finger lakes region of upstate NY. Sounds like
living at elevation gives you a true 4-season lifestyle in AZ. Nice.

And I have no doubt that you can get your 'new to you' GMT400 to be
at least as reliable as anything new off the dealer lot. Several of us in here
are convinced that this generation of truck is at/near the peak of no-nonsense
truck engineering. And the price of admission for these simpler machines is a huge
plus over new, even before considering sales taxes, insurance costs, etc, indexed
off of a new truck's purchase price.

Safe travels --
That’s good to hear. And yeah, four seasons; five if you count the monsoon season! Another reason I’d rather just invest in a good foundation, put my money into quality.