Replacing Rear Drums 95 c1500 suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankb714

Reaction score
I need to replace my rear drums and would like to do the whole set up. What exactly do i need besides the drums? Where is the best place to get my parts? Online? local parts store? i tried to look for it in the axle and brake section but i cant find exactly what i am looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
How do you know the drums are bad? Go to napa and tell them you want drums, shoes, and a spring kit! Get a new adjuster while your at it, since the oldie is either rusted or seized depending where you live.

Sent from ®obland

Frankb714

Reaction score
How do you know the drums are bad? Go to napa and tell them you want drums, shoes, and a spring kit! Get a new adjuster while your at it, since the oldie is either rusted or seized depending where you live.

Sent from ®obland

iam not sure if they are bad but they are 20 years old my shoes are cracked and i would just want everything to be new. First iam doing my rear brakes then im doing the front. but i want everything new drums shoes, all the accesories that go with it.

ThePlague

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
iam not sure if they are bad but they are 20 years old my shoes are cracked and i would just want everything to be new. First iam doing my rear brakes then im doing the front. but i want everything new drums shoes, all the accesories that go with it.
haha im pretty much doing the same thing you are. i think the factory parts are still on my 96. all the parts are inexpensive but i dont feel like messing with drums so i think ill have them done.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
Also might be worth it to replace the wheel cylinders, they were bad and leaking on my 96 when I bought my truck. When I swapped out my axle, I replaced the cylinders, backing plates, drums, shoes, and springs. That's everything. Even with all the weight and large heavy tires, truck stops on a dime now (all new in the front as well).