Replacing part of an axle tube.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there something wrong with f*cking fixing it right?
All it takes is time, money, effort, enthusiasm, skill, tools, and appropriate replacement parts.

Most of that is in short supply around here. Especially the skill, effort and enthusiasm part.

I'm thinking that the Treasure Yard has extended-cabs; if one of them is headed for the crusher and has a decent RR corner, I slice off enough to be a giant, 2-foot X 2-foot X 1-foot pre-formed patch-panel. Then...maybe...I can weld it to my cab and have some structural integrity again.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
True that. Many people (read: idiots) around here will take the plunge and have car payments for years and years before trying to fix anything more than a flat tire. Even that takes a spoon-fed youtube video for them to figure that out.

Now, to add that story, when I got the insurance payout from being rear ended in my '11 Fusion, the FIRST thing I did was look for an 03 - 07 Silverado. While I knew I'd have to kick in money on my end, I at least had a good start for a down payment. Long story short, I knew a guy who knew a guy, etc, etc..... and I ended up checking out an 06 Z71, ECSB, no bells, no whistles, but it was turn key and drive... or so I thought. My buddy put that heap on the lift and I thought the frame was going to snap apart as it was sitting there. $10K for that junk pile. If I'm spending THAT much money, it better be immediately drive-able, inspected, and not need any maintenance parts for a good long time.

With that said, I paid $1400 for my 89 RCSB. Drove it home (across town, lol), and you guys have seen the majority of things I've had to do to it so far.