Has anyone tried to straighten an axle tube?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what RX-7 guys used to aim for when cambering their rear axles. I think you'll be okay limping it for a while.

-2 is not even that extreme for track purposes. I'd rotate the tires every 5k though, since that one side is going to wear the inside edge more.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's only going to be affected where the axle goes into the spider gear, so a bit of wear on the axle splines at worst and that will take a while so I don't think it will be an issue to you.

That's what RX-7 guys used to aim for when cambering their rear axles. I think you'll be okay limping it for a while.

-2 is not even that extreme for track purposes. I'd rotate the tires every 5k though, since that one side is going to wear the inside edge more.
Thanks for the input. Maybe just the shaft and let it ride.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
GM spec for a 4th gen Camaro is +/- .6* of camber. I have no idea how much it takes to cause a problem. If you spring a leak that'd be telling, or if it makes a horrific noise driving down the road.