Replacement seat belts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drew3885

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good replacement seat belt company? I have a 97 Silverado single cab and the driver side belt is out. I’ve tried salvage yards but finding a single cab has turned up very little plus that part will probably wear out soon as well. GM no longer makes the part and did not replace it. Does any one have any reviews on searbeltplanet?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by "out"?
I don't think the belts are cab specific, from what I understand there are fat buckle mechanisms and skinny ones, but what a truck has depends on where it was manufactured not the cab type.

Drew3885

Reaction score
What do you mean by "out"?
I don't think the belts are cab specific, from what I understand there are fat buckle mechanisms and skinny ones, but what a truck has depends on where it was manufactured not the cab type.
The weighting system that stops the belt from pulling out is broken. In newer trucks the pretensioner is replaceable but i have read that if it is dealing with these older ones you need to just replace

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good replacement seat belt company? I have a 97 Silverado single cab and the driver side belt is out. I’ve tried salvage yards but finding a single cab has turned up very little plus that part will probably wear out soon as well. GM no longer makes the part and did not replace it. Does any one have any reviews on searbeltplanet?

Your seat belt should be the same as suburban,Tahoe's, blazer...
If it's a 60/40. Same just a bit harder to find.
I swapped my driver seat from a silverado and used there seat belt. Plug in play. Just make sure you match the style. 95-99 should all be the same

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The belt retractor assemblies do differ a little bit between the cab styles, to a degree.

Memory is a little fuzzy here but this should be accurate:

Regular cab, Suburban, crew cab (and I *think* 4 door Tahoe) should all be the same retractors, front seat, anyway

Extended cab and 2dr Tahoe are the same, different from the other cab styles

You have to watch the year models due to the difference in vendors - Bendix and TRW. The shape of the metal portion of the buckle is significantly different, so just take a pic of yours when you go to the boneyard.

Richard

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the set from LMC truck. The look good, work well, and bolt right in. Not sure what more you could want from a seat belt.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also take a picture of your electrical connector, they are not all the same

$300 for non stock belts doesn't work for everyone, in fact they would likely disable the air bags.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've dealt with this Co. before. Mostly for 60's resto projects, but they do offer a restoration service for "most makes & models".
No idea what they'd charge for a set of 400 belts, but I do remember that the last set I had restored by them ('69 GTO) wasn't what I would consider inexpensive. Have to remember that those stitched-on compliance tags carry a lot of liability coverage. That ain't cheap. Damn lawyers!

https://www.ssnake-oyl.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Ssnake-Oyl&Category_Code=RS