Replaced entire fuel system from the filter back. Now no start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shift5

Reaction score
Opened the lines at both sides of the filter and at the high side of the throttle body and got fuel spray in all 3 places.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take a timing light, or even a flashlight, and shine it towards the back of the throttle body's venturi. See if you're getting a good even cone (no drips) spraying out of the injectors while cranking. If not, start looking at your pressure side inlet and regulator.

shift5

Reaction score
Which side of the throttle body is the pressure side and which is the return? I think i already pulled the pressure side off.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went and looked at my old TB from my 88 and the bigger fitting is on the driver's side but the picture I posted, it's on the passenger side. So, I guess it could be on either side. IIRC the pressure line is 3/8" and the return is 5/16"

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need a pressure gauge. Did you shine a flashlight down the throat behind the injectors? See any spray?

shift5

Reaction score
Yep, ordered a pressure gauge. Be here next week.

Haven't shined a flashlight down the throat yet. I'll get the woman to crank while i watch tonight maybe. Fairly obvious they're not firing though.

If i'm a betting man I'd say I have some fuel pressure but not enough to fire the injectors.

shift5

Reaction score
Well, pressure gauge arrived.

No fuel pressure.

But there's fuel in the lines, and I can hear it running.

So that means eitehr there's a line blockage somewhere, I've got a bad pump, or the pump is running backwards, right? But if it was running backwards with only 1/8 tank I wouldn't likely have any fuel in the lines right? Or would I?