Replace spare tire hoist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barry769

Reaction score
I hope I'm in the right forum for this, I need to replace my spare tire hoist. Does anybody know if there's an aftermarket Is part that will replace this or if it's only a junkyard item? I climbed under my truck and my spare tire was gone and the cable was snapped ... Thanks for the hell

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
You actually lost your spare on the street someplace???

I removed mine, last time I had the bed off for a fuel pump. I took the bracket off that is supposed to keep the tire steady too. It was almost rusted in half. I've kept my spare in the bed for years.

I don' t think anyone makes a replacement for us, but I haven't looked very hard either. Have you checked LMC?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I think LMC used to stock it but doesn't have them anymore - I just checked and couldn't find them, but you might check on your own to be sure.

GM still lists it for a measly $220.. part # 15733295

At prices like that I'd be tempted to trust a used one from a Southern boneyard first.

Richard

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've always worried about that cable breaking. but I check mine once in a great while and keep them lubed with some white lithium grease. So far the cable on all four of my trucks look good.

Knocking on wood.......

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hope I'm in the right forum for this, I need to replace my spare tire hoist.

I moved it to Paint/Body/Detailing, even though it doesn't really seem to fit here 100% either. :lol:

Oh well, no worries!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I think LMC used to stock it but doesn't have them anymore - I just checked and couldn't find them, but you might check on your own to be sure.

GM still lists it for a measly $220.. part # 15733295

At prices like that I'd be tempted to trust a used one from a Southern boneyard first.

Richard

Both of mine are intact, rot free used stuff FTW.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I bought my Sierra from a buddy. a few years prior I tried to drop a spare from a truck that never lowered it once, a gmt800 pick up. it wouldnt budge and I couldnt get my arm above to cut it and then the owner gave up and well, so did I.

So then I bought the Sierra... My buddy dropped the spare and removed the mechanism to check it over. he basically rebuilt it by greasing it up and "exercising" it. it works like a charm in the heart of the rust belt. I think we need to make up some sort of maintenance schedule of some kind. probably lower the cable completely and regrease once a year.

Al

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your best bet would be wrecking yard find best one. Piknpull, or something like that.