Repalcement steeing wheel for 1997 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DOGFACE

Reaction score
I plan to replace the thrashed leather steering wheel in my 1997 Yukon while replacing the lock tumbler.

Other than planning to keep the airbag, I have no special requirements, other than it to be clean and solid. I don't care if it is leather wrapped or not.

Are there any special issues that I need to be aware of?

Also, if anyone can square me away with a steering wheel (or point me in the right direction) for my application, it is appreciated.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it's the factory large center leather wrapped airbag wheel, you're probably in for a good long search. They're discontinued, and it took me quite a while to find a spare that was in good shape. If you check eBay regularly you might get lucky, last I looked there were a few up for sale but they were $200+ and not in the greatest condition. Alternatively you could rack up another 41 posts in the chat thread so you can post a wanted ad in the classifieds here. That's what eventually led to another member directing me to a good eBay listing.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I wish they would make a replica instead of the sporty type.

DOGFACE

Reaction score
If it's the factory large center leather wrapped airbag wheel, you're probably in for a good long search. They're discontinued, and it took me quite a while to find a spare that was in good shape. If you check eBay regularly you might get lucky, last I looked there were a few up for sale but they were $200+ and not in the greatest condition. Alternatively you could rack up another 41 posts in the chat thread so you can post a wanted ad in the classifieds here. That's what eventually led to another member directing me to a good eBay listing.

I just learned about the post count when I attempted to post a WTB in marketplace.

I don't care if the steering wheel is leather wrapped or not. I will keep an eye out.

DOGFACE

Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers