removing lower balljoints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rented that stupid bj press from Oriellys and it was a EPIC FAIL! Could not remove them with what was in the kit... do you guys have to get different recievers... or am I just stuck on stupid here.....

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I just used one from Oreily's that was in a big red case and it had everything I needed.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Recently did a lower ball joint on wifey's 4x4 burb....after removing all the usual stuff I put a 2x4x12''(or so) vertically under the lower control arm and used a 3lb. BFH to pound it out.Three swings and it was out :waytogo:

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently did a lower ball joint on wifey's 4x4 burb....after removing all the usual stuff I put a 2x4x12''(or so) vertically under the lower control arm and used a 3lb. BFH to pound it out.Three swings and it was out :waytogo:

I thought about the BFH, but didn't think I could press it back in with what I had to work with..

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
I thought about the BFH, but didn't think I could press it back in with what I had to work with..
I used the ball joint press I rented from Autozone to install the new one.It looked like it was gonna break but held together.I found the key to getting the ball joint in was to keep it as straight as possible,going in cockeyed was no bueno!Oh,and clean the hole in the arm well.