Removing Dash Trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Can anyone give me any tips? I briefly tried to pop the trim piece off, but I couldn't get it over the steering column.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
year?

for most trucks they need to be put in 1st or somewhere around there then a little gently persuasion will make it come out, its its an 88-94 theres 4 bolts and a few switches holding it in, if 95-98 then its just clipped in.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Put it down into 1st and lower the column all the way. Then pull out the cup holder and start pulling from the curved corner right above the cup holder. Move your way left towards the headlight controls. Be careful with the clips on the bottom of the bezel near the steering wheel and 4X4 switch, they seem the most likely to break.

Disconnect any switches. I find it easiest to just disconnect the whole headlight switch from the bezel rather than unhook the wires. I usually disconnect the 4X4 switch from the bezel in order to unhook the wires because it gives you a little more room.

Also be sure not to destroy your hazard switch, you really don't want to replace that.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
'95-'98.
Along with the all the above ^^^.
Once you get it unclipped, & the wiring disconnected, pull the whole surround forward until the bottom touches the hazard switch. Make sure that that's pushed down.
Start to work the top of the 'inner' surround part evenly outa the dash from the top where it fits down to the gauge pod.
You can flex that plastic some, but the corners will break if forced. The top is where it fits the tightest & the plastic is thin in that area & a bit brittle.
Once that clears it'll practically fall out.

Putting it back on, bottom in first. Gently work that surround into the dash opening. Hook up the wires.
Make sure all the clips are aligned before snapping it together.
Check that the vent gaskets aren't munched up in their holes.
Start from the center & out to the edges.
Check for any wires peeking out around the sides of the gauge face.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthr...ns-Thread&highlight=Stupid+interior+questions

PatGlocks

Reaction score
Anything to replace the CD player? Din pocket out of another car? I'm rockin the same setup and I don't like it haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Trucks without the CD player there have a storage pocket. Scrapyard lmc or eBay depending where you live.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
And those storage pockets are actually a 2 piece part. There's a narrow transition piece that goes between the pocket & the width of the dash opening. Sits at about a 45 between the two. Important to have. Without, there's a gap & everything in the cubby ends up falling out into the inside of the dash.