Removed side moulding need ideas on options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twodrhoe

Reaction score
Ok well I got the good idea to remove my side moulding/trim and it took off paint! Looks like crap now. Any one know of any replacement moulding or show Pics of what they have done? Maybe pics of white two tones? Rhino lined bottoms? Post em up or trim ideas thanks!

Last edited:

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing in a couple places, its common if its ever been repainted. My advice is to get some plastidip and spray from the bodyline down and see if you like it black then switch to something more durable such as linex if you like it

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
would look something similar to this

You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You should have removed it with piano wire and then used an eraser wheel, but now that the damage is done, I would have the bottom sprayed black.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sometimes you cant avoid it. When trucks get repainted alot of times they put the molding on before its completely dry so it sticks better, or so ive heard atleast

twodrhoe

Reaction score
Best I could tell no repaint, been in the dealership/auto biz for years (I work for FORD now, Haha) , no lines/overspray in door jams and all the moulding was stuck pretty good, I pulled lighty but still, bad news. I used the trusty 3M eraser to get sticky off. It took clear off and at some spots took it to the bone. I found the "replacement" type on Eb** for fairy cheap didnt know if anyone had used that or not? I want to get factory style flares but no luck salvage shoping. Guys at work say just wrap the bottom??? idk about that with rocks and what not.

DefendHawaii

Reaction score
Order some matte black vinyl and do it yourself. Shouldn't be more then 150.00 for all tools and vinyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk