Removed my Pin Stripes(photos)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
haha I know how getting carried away with the wheel goes, it is easy but after awhile you step back and are like WTH did I just do!

I think it looks good without the pin stripes and moldings.

yeah I love that wheel it really is a must have tool. I only took the rear moulding off to see if it would buff out but it didnt so im going to use 3m double sided tape to stick it back on. It was so damn nasty under the molding, I think thats how it got its name!! makes me want to take them all of and just put new on.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how did you cleanup the residue left from the eraser wheel? did you do a full wash wax job or just rinse with water? with mine i rinse it off and theres still smear marks there, ive even used car soap and water and doesnt come off

cant buff or anything since i dont have one......

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Try buffing that spot where the molding was. If that doesn't work, give it a VERY light color sand and then buff.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how did you cleanup the residue left from the eraser wheel? did you do a full wash wax job or just rinse with water? with mine i rinse it off and theres still smear marks there, ive even used car soap and water and doesnt come off

Doesn't sound like you got all the glue off yet. Try running the wheel over it some more.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score

cant buff or anything since i dont have one......

Well I am a professional detailer so i did a full wool pad compound and polish glaze then waxed it. Dont mess with sanding unless you have the tools and know how. So if i were you i would get a clean towel and spray WD40 on the residue and work it in. WD40 will not harm anything so be liberal. This should remove alot of the residue. if you have any left you can use a medium rubbing compund by hand and it should come off. As for the shaddowing only compounding and polishing can fix that, it can be easily done by hand. just time consuming.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I am a professional detailer so i did a full wool pad compound and polish glaze then waxed it. Dont mess with sanding unless you have the tools and know how. So if i were you i would get a clean towel and spray WD40 on the residue and work it in. WD40 will not harm anything so be liberal. This should remove alot of the residue. if you have any left you can use a medium rubbing compund by hand and it should come off. As for the shaddowing only compounding and polishing can fix that, it can be easily done by hand. just time consuming.

thanks for the tip! may have to do it once it warms up!