Funky shaped metal pin thing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Twistymcfly1

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Can someone tell me what this is? I pulled the pump out of my 4L60E and there was a teeny tiny funky mushroom shaped metal pin thing just chilling there on the ledge where the pump sits. I had the transmission laying on its side so it could have fallen out from anywhere and maybe scooted down when the pump came out.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Can someone tell me what this is? I pulled the pump out of my 4L60E and there was a teeny tiny funky mushroom shaped metal pin thing just chilling there on the ledge where the pump sits. I had the transmission laying on its side so it could have fallen out from anywhere and maybe scooted down when the pump came out.
At first glance, I have no idea. Is it solid through and through or does it have a pin hole running through it? How long is it? Looks tiny, maybe an eight of an inch?

No parts in a 4L60E resemble that thing, closest off the top of my head are the little orifice restrictor plugs in the pump cover or piece of a roll pin from the valve body (highly unlikely, never seen one in pieces before).

Are you planning to tear the whole transmission apart?

Twistymcfly1

Reaction score
At first glance, I have no idea. Is it solid through and through or does it have a pin hole running through it? How long is it? Looks tiny, maybe an eight of an inch?

No parts in a 4L60E resemble that thing, closest off the top of my head are the little orifice restrictor plugs in the pump cover or piece of a roll pin from the valve body (highly unlikely, never seen one in pieces before).

Are you planning to tear the whole transmission apart?
Thank you for helping out. So it's solid through, I think. I'll double check that but pretty sure. It is tiny about an eighth of an inch. It was sitting right under the pump housing when I pulled the pump out. The only thing I can think of is I forgot to unplug the pump filter sensor that goes in from the wire harness into the side of the pump and it brok in half, with half of it still in the pump. Which is no problem I have an extra harness and I can dig the other piece of the filter out. I don't think it would have fallen out of the filter though. I could be wrong. I actually already rebuilt this transmission and put it back together. The only reason I took it back apart is I heard a check ball rolling around in the oil pan. I was really irritated so I kind of just hurried up and took the pump apart without taking out that one sensor for the wire harness.