Red tags on frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgerslayer

Reaction score
Hello!
First post here, hope i dont get it in the completly wrong section.
Friend of mine in the progress of restoring his -89 silverado, on his frame somewhere under the doors there was one hole on each side where these red plastic clips were inserted. Marked WB, anyone know what they are for? Some ID-tags for plant workers to use correct parts?
You must be registered for see images attach

GMCTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I always wondered about those tags. My 95 GMC K1500 has SHD tags. I assumed that meant Super Heavy Duty.....ha ha.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You beat me to asking this question but I think the answer is likely quite simple. Perhaps somebody with insider information could shed more light. The tags are likely a GM engineering level for your specific frame design. Engineering changes and updates were constantly being made within GM so they needed a robust way to label the EC level. There were also different frame designs for each model. Cueing up the wrong frame on the assembly line would be a showstopper.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello!
First post here, hope i dont get it in the completly wrong section.
Friend of mine in the progress of restoring his -89 silverado, on his frame somewhere under the doors there was one hole on each side where these red plastic clips were inserted. Marked WB, anyone know what they are for? Some ID-tags for plant workers to use correct parts?
My 89 rcsb I’m restoring had the same thing on it.