Recovered my door inserts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only have done one door but what you guys think? This only my 3rd time doing stuff like this and i got to give it up to sewlow. Got to have pateince with this stuff. First is black suede i did awhie back but didnt like my work so tried going the black vinly route. My door panel is the kind that you cant pop off the insert ,so i tried glueing and tucking over and that was a big fail so i ripped off whole insert. Really a big pain in the a$$ glue is really stuck on there ,so had to cut out complete vinyl off door and went to junk yard and found just inserts on some gmt400 panel. So thinking i ruined my panel and drilled holes and just inserted the black vinyl on my old panel and i think it worked out
You must be registered for see images attach

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Even dark grey would really set it off. It can be about two tone, not just color match.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks sewlow!!! Means alot coming from you since your the man on upholstry. But idk if i like the vinyl might go back to maybe black suede but im still undecided. Since i didtnt use some kind of roller the vinly looks a little bumpy, kind of hard to see it in pics but its there. This is just a practice panel anyway. And Dr chop i really thought about doing maybe charcol grey but since my dash and console are black kind of wanted to mix it up into the door panels as well. But good call on the dark grey cause i did think about that. I might still even go that route idk yet. I have extra door panels so i can always start on them. Thanks for the great comments and opinions guys!!