Rebuilt Replacement Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea that was a big plus I seen about because everybody else wanted 4k+ for their engines with roller cam. Also i forgot to mention would their be a problem with stock chips in ECM they guarantee that engine to run right on it.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No I am sure it will run, but you won't see the engine's full potential until you do some TBI mod's as well as get yourself a custom chip, but like I said it will run fine just not to it's full potential.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^ The vortec engine was a great idea.

Anybody ever done this or think it'll work. How bout the 350 vortec with vortec TBI intake, and LT4 hot cam.

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^ The vortec engine was a great idea.

Anybody ever done this or think it'll work. How bout the 350 vortec with vortec TBI intake, and LT4 hot cam.
The LT4 Cam is not a truck cam it's good for high rpm power and a choppy idle you lose most of low end torque
also with 2.73 gear you would be very disappointed the power
if i was you i would regear to 3.73 and use a ZZ4 cam its more of a truck cam

Last edited:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that if you do the vortec, you would need the vortec tbi manifold mentioned above, which is 350-400$ depending on where you get it, and a 96+ driver's side exhaust manifold, and egr supply tube to go from the driver's side manifold to the intake manifold, vortec heads don't have an internal egr passage, so it has to be routed in externally.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The LT4 Cam is not a truck cam it's good for high rpm power and a choppy idle you lose most of low end torque
also with 2.73 gear you would be very disappointed the power
if i was you i would regear to 3.73 and use a ZZ4 cam its more of a truck cam

Did not know that will look into it. Would the ZZ4 have a little choppy idle?

Also keep in mind that if you do the vortec, you would need the vortec tbi manifold mentioned above, which is 350-400$ depending on where you get it, and a 96+ driver's side exhaust manifold, and egr supply tube to go from the driver's side manifold to the intake manifold, vortec heads don't have an internal egr passage, so it has to be routed in externally.

I have headers. Shouldn't I be able just to bolt them up?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSOkie