rear wheels cylinders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGDKY

Reaction score
i got some for my 97 tahoe with 11 inch rear brakes. They say the part number matches but these seem quite a bit smaller to me. Here are some pics- what do you guys think?
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
They look about the same to me :shrug: The rubber things on the ends of your old one is just pulled out some making it look bigger I think...

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
YeahI agree they look they should work, just the newer type have a different dust cover and seal than the original design, I just did the same swap on my 96DD and I installed the new type wheel cylinder's just like the ones in your pic.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sorry but those look wrong to me, the new ones I bought have the external boot, those are more inernal boot type and use little pushers on the ends to make them reach the brakes. I saw they are the wrong ones and won't work. They had 3 listed for my 88, 1 inch 1-1/8 and 1-3/16. I measured and mine shows 1-3/16 bores on the inside, but some were listed as internal boots and external boots online. Mine were external like your old ones and the ones I put on had the same type boot looked exactly the same as your old one. Only ones I ever say like your new one had pushers or little feet to come over and rest on the shoes, and had a small dia. hole in the middle of the rubber boot for the other end to fit in, slightly bigger then a pencil dia. These like your old ones are more nickle sized or close to quarter sized maybe.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea they may very well be the same and work fine, mine just looked identical from the old ones to the new ones, and I usually take mine and match them up being afraid they won't work right.