Rear Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey y'all, so I've been trying to replace my two rear speakers in my 1994 Chevy k1500 extended cab, but I'm afraid to pull the plastic frame from the back as I'm sure the clips are rotted and to be honest I'm not confident I could get the seats out without damage either. I've got two 4x6 speakers but I'm not sure how I wanna place them or where. I'd like to avoid pulling anything out but I'm not sure how to get the wires without pulling out the plastic which would defeat the purpose. I've seen ideas for speaker boxes but I am on a restricted budget and I use the space under the back bench seat and the cubbies under the rear side windows. I've considered using ammo cans and just placing them in the seat to each side? Any ideas for speaker boxes, box placement, and/or how to pull the wires for the speakers without getting behind the plastic frame?

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Hey y'all, so I've been trying to replace my two rear speakers in my 1994 Chevy k1500 extended cab, but I'm afraid to pull the plastic frame from the back as I'm sure the clips are rotted and to be honest I'm not confident I could get the seats out without damage either. I've got two 4x6 speakers but I'm not sure how I wanna place them or where. I'd like to avoid pulling anything out but I'm not sure how to get the wires without pulling out the plastic which would defeat the purpose. I've seen ideas for speaker boxes but I am on a restricted budget and I use the space under the back bench seat and the cubbies under the rear side windows. I've considered using ammo cans and just placing them in the seat to each side? Any ideas for speaker boxes, box placement, and/or how to pull the wires for the speakers without getting behind the plastic frame?
If you're going to do it right, I'd get to pulling trim. The only tricky piece is the plastic headliner piece on the roof in front of the rear window. You can do it if you take your time. And yes, taking the rear seat out first is a must. I might have the printout from Crutchfield on the process or you can certainly Youtube it.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
If you absolutely must get at the speaker wires without pulling the rear trim, they run in the driver door sill from the dash to the rear.
Brown: Left +
Yellow: Left -
Dark Blue: Right +
Light Blue: Right -

To my remembrance, they should be the only wires of those colors going to the rear.