rear lift blocks??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
when i got my truck it came with a front end leveling kit (2" keys), i like the look of the front, but the rear looks too low IMO now. How should I lift the rear so that it has the stock rake, only 2 inches higher? Lift blocks? do I need longer shocks/springs??:hmm:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man I don't see why some 2 inch block's wouldn't work for you, you might though look for some block's made from steel instead of aluminum, I have heard that on lifted stuff they are a lot better and stronger.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Well depending on how you want it to sit, I'd go with a 1" block. Should get it level. 2" will put the rear up and give it the factory rake again. But blocks are the way to go IMO. For street driven trucks they are the best ride quality and easiest to install.

Reaction score
ok thanks for the replies, does anyone know where I can find a block install write up?? I read somewhere that i'd have to remove the factory rear blocks which are 1", and replace them with 3" blocks in order to get to stock rake (+2" frnt and bk) Also read that 3" blocks are bad for such n such reason, any input?

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
They aren't bad at all. If you want the factory rake then +2" is where you need to be. Install is very simple. Pull the U bolts, lower the axle, insert the blocks, raise the axle, use the new U bolts. You will probably have to unbolt the rear brake line, and preferably add an extended line. Nothing else really. I use my motorcycle jack to do it.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As far as I know there were no blocks from the factory, so that 1" block has been added. I would get a good 2" tapered steel blocks (superlift has them with u-bolts. I wouldn't go with a 3" block as that would be to much crank for the front to be level, unless your rear springs are completely worn. Even 2" can be too much crank for the front end.

Install of the block is pretty simple like tempted said. No need to extend brake lines though. Make sure taper of block goes the right way if you get tapered ones. Also you may need longer than stock shocks. I would install the blocks and see how much more drop the shocks have left. There are 2" longer shocks, I ended up needed shocks with 4-6" lift when I was running a 2" block.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
He may be thinking about the spring perch. I'm not 100%, but I do know some vehicles came with a small shim between the perch and axle. I don't know if his did.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Just a forewarning, expect axle wrap with using blocks, more noticeable the more your springs are worn. As far as types of blocks, steel/iron tapered blocks is what I'd recommend. Aluminum can squish over time and causes you to have to retorque the bolts more.