Rear end rattle diagnosing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a good puddle story. Back High School a buddy,who was legendary for beating and wrecking other people’s cars, and I jumped into this other guy’s car he bought that day. The owner jumped in the back and we took off. It was spring and we came to an area flooded out, John floored it and when we hit the puddle, and because no one knew the floor was rotted out in the back, the water just exploded straight up, a chit load of water too! The car owner was drenched head to toe, and livid. We were laughing our a$$es off up front dead sitting in the middle of the puddle.
That's funny sh*t man!!!
Ever seen a VW bug skip like a stone?
When I had my shop I had a guy come in with a Ford Festiva. I punched scupper holes in his floorboards to drain the water out. Gotta love the Florida swamps!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Its name apparently, comes from Water Displacer and the 40 relates to how many formulations tried before settling on the one sold. Some, think that number should be a lot higher....
Many decades ago, I had a friend who worked at Sears. One day we were chatting and he was telling some stories he'd heard about Sears from some of the old timers. He said...and swore it was true...that Sears upper execs had been offered the exclusive rights to sell WD-40, in the US and Canada, and turned it down because they didn't think the stuff would sell.
Of course Henry Ford adopted hydraulic brakes on the vehicles that bore his surname, many years after most other makes had them, because he had been offered three cars set up with hydraulic brakes, to test drive...and the one he chose had brake failure.

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well to close this out...

Apparently it was most likely the exhaust tip rattle like what was first suggested. I obviously didn't rattle it the right way until AFTER I took diff cover off. Tbh I just really wanted a reason to inspect diff and really glad there wasn't an issue with it.

Thanks all for the Input