Rear end drop in replacment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I think I'd rather hit my head on a steel beam than spend over $1000 on a rebuilt stock 10 bolt... Or buy anything from Jasper for that matter.

You can find factory 10 bolt rears in all different gear ratios for less than $400 complete and in good working order in salvage yards all across the country. Check out car-part.com, they let you check inventory for all the salvage yards in your area.

http://car-part.com/

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
The bean counters decided we should use Jasper for replacement engines in the Tahoes. We put two in before that policy changed and we went back to OE remans. The quality was so poor one unit got less that 5k on it before we had to yank it. The city wasn't about to pay twice so we waited 6 months for Jasper to warranty the motor. They were horrible quality, horrible customer service (and we were a potential multi-million dollar customer). I'd never spend a dime on anything they sold.

The second place looks really high on their prices. I think you that money you could get a local shop to put together something a lot better with no labor on your end.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally I think I'd rather hit my head on a steel beam than spend over $1000 on a rebuilt stock 10 bolt... Or buy anything from Jasper for that matter.

You can find factory 10 bolt rears in all different gear ratios for less than $400 complete and in good working order in salvage yards all across the country. Check out car-part.com, they let you check inventory for all the salvage yards in your area.

http://car-part.com/

This coming from someone who rebuilt how many 4L60e transmissions? :D

Crookedaxle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you want new, buy new innards and let a reputable shop install them. Reman anything is garbage these days, especially motors, trannies, diffs. Those guys cheap out in ways you'd never imagine.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yes, it's pretty sad when the average $25 alternator from the bone yard will outlast the average "re-built" alternator you're paying good money for. And the old shops that would re-build them to better than new specs are few and far between.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I went to Napa for a reman axle for my Grand Prix. The one they handed me was just as wallered out as the one I was giving them. I ended up buying a new one for like $5 more knowing it would never last near as long as the original.

Crookedaxle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went to Napa for a reman axle for my Grand Prix. The one they handed me was just as wallered out as the one I was giving them. I ended up buying a new one for like $5 more knowing it would never last near as long as the original.

The very reason the boot installation tool has become so popular. If you catch the torn boot in time before the grease is tossed out (wrecking your CV joint) you're better off re-booting your original axle.