rear bumper raise ideas (BL)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive got a 2" bl on my 95 yukon and really want to raise my bumper and hitch to match the body. I cant find anyone who has done it. Anyone have ideas??

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am pretty sure you can buy brackets for the bumper. As far as the hitch goes I think you may be SOL.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really? You've never seen this done? I'll agree, it's more common to see someone just leave the bumper with the gap but you can easily buy the 2" bumper brackets from any of the major BL manufacturers. I would even try ebay. As for cost, not sure. I'd think $50-60.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I rarely hear of people having 2" Body Lifts..

The relocators for a 2" might be hard to come by. I can find you relocators for a 3" In 3 seconds.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Place a piece of medal from one side to the other or thick plexiglass and paint it.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the relocating brakets for the bumper, and ive heard somewhere someone used one of those hide-a-hitch like for a roll pan to raise the hitch up, i think it worked, but i dont remember who did it

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really don't think you can move the hitch w/o looseing use of it. If you were able to put it on top of the lower frame and use spacers it'd be weaker I think, and the only other way I could think of would be to buy a hidden hitch and use it, they bring em up to like a normal hitch height/below the bumper on body lifted vehicles.

Another idea on the bumper maybe to lift it's brackets and only use 1 bolt in each bracket, meaning take the lower bolt hole, move it to the top hole in the frame and bolt it down. I'm sure it would require some cutting. Either that or cut and weld em up.

EastTXYukon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRA-10002/

Amazon has the same kit for $60.

Performance Accessories 10002

The bumper relocator brackets for the trucks will not work for the OBS SUVs. It's a different setup.

Zone offroad makes a 3" body lift bumper bracket for the Tahoes/Yukons, but it only works with the 4 door models www.zoneoffroad.com

The other option is to cut the bumper brackets and reweld them back at your desired height.

Check out the Sir Micheals company. They sell specialty hitches for roll pans, and they have one listed for a Tahoe/Yukon. Only 4 door models though.

fasrnu

Reaction score
You can lift the bumper and put a behind roll pan hitch and it will work. I have it done on my truck. It may be a bit a bit more difficult because of it only being a 2 inch on yours. With my 3 inch body lift and roll pan hitch i still had to notch my bumper for the draw bar to fit and it will not come out unless you unbolt and drop one side of the hitch
You must be registered for see images attach